The other day, I was messing with some cable connections for my cable internet. When I leaned my forearm across the DVR box to disconnect the cable from the wall, I felt a shock. I dug out the multimeter and show 62 VAC from the box chassis to the cable connector. Not being sure if the voltage was being fed from the CATV jacket or if a fault in the box, I checked the voltage between the chassis and building electrical ground, I also get ~62 VAC, so it is the box being energized. I unplugged the DVR box electrical supply expecting the voltage to drop to 0, but instead held at 58 VAC. What I did find is that is that if I unplug the HDMI cable from the box, this voltage goes away. So, somehow this voltage is coming through the HDMI cable between the DVR and TV. TV and DVR box are 2-prong power cords. I'm not sure if the CATV is properly grounded as I did find a loose wire outside that says it is for CATV ground and looks like it might have been tied to an old A/C disconnect box or possibly an old phone box that is no longer there. Doesn't seem related at this point, but thought I would include it. One thing that I thought about is a fault in the DVR that shows up when it switches to HDMI output. I haven't tried other video outputs, cables, etc. yet. I'm going to look into it a bit more, but thought that I would post to see if anyone had come across a similar situation.