Dryer Vent

Users who are viewing this thread

Still_Waters_43

Reaction score
My vent goes to the outside through my garage. I have tried several vents over the years but tossed them because of excessive lint buildup which keeps the vent flap open (till I noticed that is:rolleyes:) Anyway my current vent has a magnetic closer flap. The problem is it has a wire mesh just inside the flap (good for keeping critters out), but it also collects lint :mad:

Years ago I lived in an apartment that had a flap that opened electrically (whenever the dryer was turned on) does anyone know where I could find one of these today?.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There's one I've seen that curves vertical. Then, there's a cup that fits over the end. The air pressure causes it to rise, leaving a fairly unobstructed outlet. When the dryer stops, gravity causes the cup to drop, sealing it well from all critters. If I remember, it is paintable. I saw this at HD awhile ago, but don't know if they carry it still or how widespread it is. I first noticed it in a magazine, maybe Popular Electronics.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There is a lot of lint in dryer exhaust. Pretty much no way of getting around that. You can try to find some kind of flapper which is more lint friendly. I just clean it out once in a while.

delta d

Reaction score
you can purchase a coil brush from lowe's to clean it out once a month or so and continue using a normal vent flap. maintenance is king of this problem

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks