Dropping water pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

law573

My wife has the crazy idea I can fix stuff
Reaction score
Hi,

I know that my gas water heater has sediment in the bottom of it and am working on keeping that level down through draining. Recently my hot water pressure has been dropping throughout the house. I suspect that it is deposits building up in the lines. This has been a gradual drop off in pressure. It started with the kitchen sink, then shower, and now the bathroom sink. I am on city water and the cold water pressure is much better.

I was wondering what my options are to try and restore my water pressure. Is there any products I can run through the lines that will help remove the build up?

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
pressure/low flow

Take the nipples out of the heater and be prepaired to change them and the unions.
If there are no unions, put two on.
Could be a nipple
Could be that the dip tube is deteriorating and sending flakes of plastic into the hot side of valves or faucets.
If the tube is bad, then replace it.
I know the electric and gas co's tell you to drain often but I've not seen good results. Uaually more harm than good comes of it. But thats just one mans opinion..........

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks