Dripping Delta single handle shower head

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Asphalt Dancer, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Asphalt Dancer

Asphalt Dancer New Member

Feb 12, 2010
    The dripping in my shower is about to drive me nuts. In the past 4 years it has been repaired 3 times by a professional plumber for the dripping and the inability for the water to get really hot. The wall on which the controls are mounted can be accessed from behind, so I am ready to cut a hole and replace the entire assembly. Before I do that is there anything that should be checked to make sure the Delta cannot be repaired? How big should the hole be to remove/replace the whole assembly?
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego
    A Delta can virtually ALWAYS be repaired, so we would need to see some pictures of your valve to recommend how to proceed.

If you decide to replace it , many of us would recommend a Delta R10000 valve.

Start with approximately a 12" X 12" hole. The hole size can then be refined to faciltate a neat patch.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement