Drainage Problem. Need Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Klamity

Reaction score
Hi there,
I am a new poster. I have an old house which I purchased 3 years ago. Lo and behold, I found out amongst other things that the basement leaked. This summer I had a contractor come in and dig up around 3 sides of the house. "Worst foundation I've seen in 40 years!" he says. Not words I wanted to hear. Well, he 'fixed' the crumbling foundation parts and then added the waterproofing membrane. The working area was small so he ended up taking tons of dirt away.
I live on a sloped street ...at the bottom end so the north side of my house and front were the worst. The other problem is that the two feet in front of my house is actually lower than the driveway. He also put in a retaining wall on the north side and partway across the front of the house. I have no front lawn, just driveway.
We have had quite a bit of rain lately and what I am finding is that the water is pooling in the section in front of my house and of course, the earth has really settled a LOT around the rest of the house.
I am looking for suggestions on diverting the water away from the front of the house, but am not sure how to do this.
South
I I I I
I I I I
I I I I West
I I I I
I I I I
North
The first row at the left symbolize my house. The middle row is lower than the house and the driveway which is represented by the last column.
The water sits in the area between the house and the driveway. The street slopes from the north to the south.
Sorry if this sounds confusing. Any advice would be helpful. On a small budget as I did the foundation and roof this summer.
Thanks!
Klamity

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks