Drain & Vent for Toilet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by catk9, Mar 7, 2010.

1. catk9

catk9 New Member

Attached is a crude drawing of a proposed drain and vent for a toilet. Do you see anything wrong with it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

IMG (2)..jpg
  2. jc60618

jc60618 DIY Junior Member

I dont know about your local code but you might have a problem because you are running the vent horizontally.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  3. krow

krow Plumber

Your combo T is upsidedown

Are there any fixtures draining in that stack from an upper floor?. If not, the extra vent is not required. It will use the stack as a vent "Stack vented"
    If so, most juresditions will require you to wet vent the toilet if the Y is placed verticle , the way you are showing in the pic
  4. catk9

catk9 New Member

In my drawing I neglected to show this but the horizontal part of the vent actually slopes upward approximately 1" and it is about a foot long, does that still make it illegal? The vent is the main vent for the toilet. This is a single story house nothing draining into it. And I'm a bit confused about the combo. It is actually a combination wye with 1/8 bend connecting to the main 3" drain pipe on the ground. The direction of flow in the drawing of the drain pipe on the ground is up.