Drain Stopper-Overflow Tower

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by bellmore, Nov 23, 2006.

  1. bellmore

    bellmore New Member

    I have an older cast iron built-in tub the drain stopper rod and overflow tube is located outside the tub. The overflow tube comes through the floor and is covered by chrome pipe with a cap. A threaded drain rod comes through a hole in cap. The design is similar to a tower drain used with a claw foot tub.
    The drain assembly has separated from the trap and needs to be replaced. I would like to replace it with another tower type drain/overflow. So far the only type I have found are designed to work with a freestanding tubs. If I converted it to a lift and turn stopper I will no longer have an overflow since there is no hole in tub also I would have 2" hole in my tile floor where the tower was. I am not sure if I am using the correct description when searching.
    Any suggestion or help in locating a new drain would be greatly appreciated

    Thank You
Similar Threads: Drain Stopper-Overflow
Forum Title Date
Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog Question on trip lever tub drain-bucket size universal? Sunday at 12:04 PM
Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog Basement floor drain move w broken PVC - advice needed Saturday at 7:26 PM
Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog is my tub drain proper? Friday at 8:50 PM
Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog Tub drains poorly after handyman works on bathroom Friday at 3:49 PM
Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog One drain or more in shower Aug 21, 2014

Share This Page