Drain is Clogged

Users who are viewing this thread

Alex Burkeva

Reaction score
I just moved into a new place. Before I moved in there was workers on there that where doing some renovations around the house. I believe that the workers that were there washed all there tools in the sink. Now when I moved in the drain is clogged. I tried to pour some Drain-o down the sink and still the water keeps coming up every time I do the dishes. Does anyone have any suggestion on what I can do instead. I also tried a snake but still not working. And would it be my responsibly to fix or would it be the landlord to fix this problem.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
If you don't own the building, it should not be your responsibility. How to fix it depends on what is clogging the drain, and where the clog is located.

Drain cleaning chemicals are terrible and seldom work. You need someone that knows what they are doing.

lancer001

Plumber
Reaction score
You can use baking soda and vinegar. Watch tutorials on youtube. But that is the landlord's responsibility, not yours - whatever you do, don't offer to fix the problem or pay to have it fixed.

Ella Rollins

Reaction score
As Lancer said, baking soda and vinegar is an awesome idea to fix clog.. But you don't have to do it..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks