Double Sink Island w/ Dishwasher Clog

Users who are viewing this thread

ATC-55

Reaction score
Hi all,

My dishwasher has been backing up into my double sink. I have a garburator as well as an instant hot water unit plumped in under the sink. There is also an air vent straight up from the main pipe. I have checked and cleaned both p-traps. Draining my dishwater results in back-up into both sinks, sinks drain into the dishwasher which leads me to believe the plug is beneath the "floor". Bought a manual drain snake and cleared a plug probably a foot below the floor. Now I'm running into something a little harder which tells me I've either run into a T or something that my Rona snake can't penetrate. My home is 3 years old (if it matters).

My assumption now is that it IS time to call a plumber. Am I wrong and is there something else I can try prior to that? I am mechanically savvy (speaking relatively) with some trades and oilfield related work, also have whatever tools or willing to buy whatever is required within reason.

Thank you for your time.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Without seeing what is there we can only guess. Where I am, houses have basements or crawl spaces where the drain cleanouts can be accessed below,

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks