Double Sink in Bathroom Vanity

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by GeronimoDF, Oct 21, 2009.

1. GeronimoDF

GeronimoDF New Member

I am so confused....... I have attached a picture of my vanity. How would you run the drain lines? The main drain line is to the left of the vanity. The problem is the draws are in the middle of my vanity. If the sinks connect to a p-trap in the middle, then the draws can not be used and would have to be cut. I was thinking that each sink could have its own p-trap and connect to a single drain, but I read that the velocity of the water can siphon the water in the p-trap down. Run a individual drain to each sink so the siphoning would not be a problem? What should I do?????HELP!!!! Thanks again for your help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

drains

There are several ways it COULD be done, but we do not know enough about your house to decide WHICH are possible, or if there is only ONE good way for you.

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2010
  3. Doherty Plumbing

Doherty Plumbing Journeyman & Gas Fitter

Remove the vanity, cut the wall open, and relocate the drain line to where you need it to be!