Do you think they should do away with Black Friday?

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness Forum' started by Cookie, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Cookie

Cookie .

2. leejosepho

leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

The only way to do away with "Black Friday" would be to make Thanksgiving a day later so there would be no such day even available.
  3. Cookie

Cookie .

Or, the businesses could rethink that day with the sales. I think, the writing is on the wall with it all, and it makes a mockery of the holidays anymore.
  4. Cookie

Cookie .

I copied a comment from one of the articles about this, because it was so true and yet, so funny, sometimes, I read the comments more than the articles. Here goes:

This is just too ridiculous! I can imagine Christmas morning, woman hands package to child, Merry Christmas honey, I hope you appreciate the trouble mommy went to so you could have an x-box, mommy had to pepper spray over 20 people and set two little old ladies on fire in the parking lot because they took the handicapped spot. As mommy was backing out of the other handicappped spot ( no mommy isnt handicapped silly ) she had to mow down three nuns who were too slow pushing their carts to the door of Walmart. But, we have x-boxes for the entire family! NOW, Who wants to sing christmas carols?
  5. DonL

DonL Jack of all trades

That is a good example of Mommy needing a spanking.

Where is Daddy when you need him...