do i need an exaust fan?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by sirj_4, Feb 11, 2008.

1. sirj_4

sirj_4 New Member

I am just wondering if I need to put a fan in a bath room that only has a sink and toilet. In the bath room i am doing in my basement.
  2. tombstone

tombstone New Member

I do believe that any bathroom without a window to provide natural ventilation is required to have an exhaust fan.
  3. krow

krow Plumber

If I'm not mistaken , any bathroom with or without a window requires an exhaust fan

Each juresdiction may be different

4. Why would you want to smell what you gave to the porcelain throne up to 45 minutes after you've used it? It's disgusting when people don't have these fans installed to prevent these situations.

Code in my states that regardless of window in bathroom, a device must be used to remove foul air to outside. If my dad gets any worse I'm putting a fart fan in his bedroom. The entire 1st floor when I visit smells like **** when I stop in and that's is just wrong, even in the bible.
  5. michel1

michel1 New Member

Well exhaust fan is must especially when you don’t have any ventilation in your bathroom.