Diverter handle getting hard to turn

Users who are viewing this thread

blaronn

Reaction score
Website
pg.photos.yahoo.com
I have a Grohe Classic three-handle tub/shower kit (installed in '97 - some photos are posted here), and over the past few weeks the diverter handle has been getting tighter and more difficult to turn. After turning it back & forth a couple dozen times it seems to get a little easier, but just a few months ago it turned very smoothly and easily. I tried removing the lever (assuming it comes off just by pulling, like the hot/cold handles do) but it doesn't budge.

Any ideas what the problem might be, and/or advice on how to troubleshoot and solve it?

Thanks!!

blaronn

Reaction score
Website
pg.photos.yahoo.com
Thanks. I just shot them an email. We'll see what they say Monday. I also just noticed that I've got a new water stain on the ceiling directly below the shower (in the garage), so this problem is now causing a leak. :( Gotta solve it quickly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks