Diverter handle getting hard to turn

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by blaronn, Nov 18, 2005.

1. blaronn

blaronn New Member

I have a Grohe Classic three-handle tub/shower kit (installed in '97 - some photos are posted here), and over the past few weeks the diverter handle has been getting tighter and more difficult to turn. After turning it back & forth a couple dozen times it seems to get a little easier, but just a few months ago it turned very smoothly and easily. I tried removing the lever (assuming it comes off just by pulling, like the hot/cold handles do) but it doesn't budge.

Any ideas what the problem might be, and/or advice on how to troubleshoot and solve it?

Thanks!!
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Call Grohe...most of their valves have a lifetime warranty.
  3. blaronn

blaronn New Member

Thanks. I just shot them an email. We'll see what they say Monday. I also just noticed that I've got a new water stain on the ceiling directly below the shower (in the garage), so this problem is now causing a leak. :( Gotta solve it quickly.