Diverter handle getting hard to turn

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by blaronn, Nov 18, 2005.

1. blaronn

blaronn New Member

Nov 18, 2005
    I have a Grohe Classic three-handle tub/shower kit (installed in '97 - some photos are posted here), and over the past few weeks the diverter handle has been getting tighter and more difficult to turn. After turning it back & forth a couple dozen times it seems to get a little easier, but just a few months ago it turned very smoothly and easily. I tried removing the lever (assuming it comes off just by pulling, like the hot/cold handles do) but it doesn't budge.

Any ideas what the problem might be, and/or advice on how to troubleshoot and solve it?

2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
    Call Grohe...most of their valves have a lifetime warranty.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. blaronn

blaronn New Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Thanks. I just shot them an email. We'll see what they say Monday. I also just noticed that I've got a new water stain on the ceiling directly below the shower (in the garage), so this problem is now causing a leak. :( Gotta solve it quickly.