Disposer Drain Location

Users who are viewing this thread

ngs428

Reaction score
Hi. In a week and a half I am getting new counters installed with a 9" deep undermount sink. This sink can be found here LINK. The page states 8" deep for some reason, it is 9". I am looking at installing the Insinkerator Evolution Essential (6 11/16" sink bottom to center of drain).

I have about 15.5" from the cabinet top (not the counter) to the center of my 1.5" copper drain stub out. 9" of that will be taken up with the sink depth. That leaves 6.5" left to play with.

Option 1
The disposer mentioned above will put me at 15 11/16". Center point of the disposer would be just lower (3/16") than the center point of the stub out.

Option 2
I could switch to the Insinkerator Evolution Compact (6" sink bottom to center of drain). This would put me 0.50" above the center point of my stub out.

Will this 0.50" be an acceptable height? I am considering draining like I saw posted here and I pasted below. Thoughts on if the shorter Insinkerator Evolution Compact will be fine in this situation?

sink_dw.jpg

Other details on what my current setup is: The vertical pipe for the 3 horizontal stub outs comes up behind the disposer (left most of the 3 stub outs). I would like to not have to move the branch of stub outs. If I need to, could I Tee into the vertical drain pipe (the stub out shown in the first picture below in my current setup) and cap the 3 existing stub outs off?

Current Setup pictures are thumbnailed below.
2016-03-29 21.52.02.jpg
2016-03-29 21.52.59.jpg

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
WIth a 1/2", at 1/4"/foot minimum, you should be fine with the smaller unit. If the stubouts or the faucet are not ideal, it's not hard to extend or shorten them some, so that should not be an issue, either. Many faucets come with attached supply lines, but if required, you can lengthen them with an adapter and more hose.

ngs428

Reaction score
WIth a 1/2", at 1/4"/foot minimum, you should be fine with the smaller unit. If the stubouts or the faucet are not ideal, it's not hard to extend or shorten them some, so that should not be an issue, either. Many faucets come with attached supply lines, but if required, you can lengthen them with an adapter and more hose.

I appreciate your reply. Thanks for the assistance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks