dishwasher supply line

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Nord, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Nord

Nord New Member

My dishwasher supply line is a rigid copper tube, and has become kinked. It doesn't seem to impede the dishwasher, but is it even proper to use this kind of connection with the hot water supply?

FYI - it's teed off at the supply valve with the sink supply.

Nord
  2. Mikey

Mikey Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek

Sounds like a crack-and-leak waiting to happen. Is it really rigid copper, or just work-hardened tubing? What diameter?
  3. karsc01

karsc01 New Member

The whirlpool tub in the house I bought had the same type of line for both the hot and cold water. I'm sure it's fine for the hot water line, but as someone mentioned the kink in it is probably a crack waiting to happen (though it could be years and years away).