Dishwasher breaker?

Users who are viewing this thread

appdude

Reaction score
So moving on to one of the last kitchen appliance replacements which is the dishwasher. Now, before we went to buy the new one. We checked everything over and we found something very strange. There is no breaker for the dishwasher. I checked twice and still no dishwasher breaker. Any suggestions?:confused:

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Turn the dishwasher on, then shut off one breaker at a time to figure out which one controls the dish machine.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
In our house, the DW is on a separate breaker. In my apartment, the DW is on the same breaker with the wall outlets in the kitchen. There has to be a breaker for it somewhere. If not, just kill the whole house power when replacing it. And think about calling an electrician when you have a few extra bucks lying around to put it on a circuit.

I'm guessing if you turn it on and kill the kitchen outlets, that's gonna be where it's connected, and you'll see it turn off.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If you are referring to a circuit breaker, and not a vacuum breaker, unless it is wired into the utility's main line, it DOES have a circuit breaker, but maybe not a dedicated one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks