Dishwasher breaker?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by appdude, May 31, 2014.

1. appdude

appdude New Member

So moving on to one of the last kitchen appliance replacements which is the dishwasher. Now, before we went to buy the new one. We checked everything over and we found something very strange. There is no breaker for the dishwasher. I checked twice and still no dishwasher breaker. Any suggestions?:confused:
  2. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

Check the wall switches one may be for the DW.
  3. Smooky

Smooky Member

Turn the dishwasher on, then shut off one breaker at a time to figure out which one controls the dish machine.
  4. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

In our house, the DW is on a separate breaker. In my apartment, the DW is on the same breaker with the wall outlets in the kitchen. There has to be a breaker for it somewhere. If not, just kill the whole house power when replacing it. And think about calling an electrician when you have a few extra bucks lying around to put it on a circuit.

I'm guessing if you turn it on and kill the kitchen outlets, that's gonna be where it's connected, and you'll see it turn off.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

If you are referring to a circuit breaker, and not a vacuum breaker, unless it is wired into the utility's main line, it DOES have a circuit breaker, but maybe not a dedicated one.