deviding one bathroom into two

Users who are viewing this thread

Telechia

Reaction score
I have a bathroom that i am currently trying to divide into two bathrooms. One side of the current bathoom houses the toliet and bathtube. the other side of the bathroom houses the vanity. these two areas are seperate by a wall that has a door. My plan is to add a shower and a toliet to the area that houses the vanity. I have two problems that two questions:
1) When adding the additional toliet will the plumer have to assess the pluming from the floor or will they have to access the pluming through the ceiling on the lower floor.
2) What is a realistic budget?

Note: House is only 2 years old and I am the obly owner

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
It is very hard to tell what the plumber will need to do. It is very hard to tell the location of the wood between the floors. He might need to go from both sides. That all depends how far away the old fixtures are.

I will advise that you get a few estimates before you get into this.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
When adding the additional toliet will the plumer have to assess the pluming from the floor or will they have to access the pluming through the ceiling on the lower floor.

Unless the floor is concrete, access will be gained from below ... and the size of the hole in that ceiling and maybe even some wall(s) will be dependent upon a variety of factors that can only be determined on-site.