Deposits in Shower

Users who are viewing this thread

Frankie81

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a relatively new bathroom shower, however I recently have these hard orange/white hard deposits on the tile and grout that remain moist even when the rest of the shower is dry. Does this have to do with hard water and how to I go about cleaning and getting rid of these?

Attachments

• IMG_1954.jpg
    IMG_1954.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 208

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The grout lines should be sound, those do not appear to be so. This will allow a lot of water to soak into the cracks and lead to moisture related problems. Are you on your own private well or do you get your water from a municipality? It looks like iron but hard to say for sure.

Frankie81

Reaction score
I live in a co-op so it is from a municipality. Any idea on how to at least get rid of the buildup?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Try Lime-Away, this will help you determine the cause as well. if the deposits are easily removed then they are some sort of scale or iron, if not then you could have something else going on here. A softener in a municpal water supply will usually help tremendously.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks