Delta Shower Faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by chas22, Jan 28, 2009.

1. chas22

chas22 New Member

I have a Delta shower faucet that was installed about 1 yr. ago. It's a single lever with a temp lever in the center. The large handle as well as the small are getting a little stiff to turn. Can someone tell me if the valve needs to be taken apart and lubed or have I got something to tight. HVAC is my trade and I'm not much of a plumber.
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Not an expert, but I have a similar shower valve. There is nothing to lube, so my thought would be to disassemble it and see if there is something binding. You should be able to get the installation instructions on line.
  3. This is a common problem with the 1700 series Delta.

I can't remember if it is the cartridge or the handle assembly that causes this.

Anyone got an answer...Pete? Jerry? Wilma? Fred?

Romito? Shania?
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Delta

Call Delta customer service and they will either send you a new cartridge or seals for yours.