Delta Monitor 1700 Valve question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by elgato, Jan 24, 2007.

1. elgato

elgato New Member

Delta now ships the universal valve for the Monitor 1700 series without the cartridge. I does come with a cap. Can this rough-in valve be installed without the cartridge and trim and water pressure restored? The cap does not block the hot and cold inlets internally so water could flow together.

Thank You
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

cap

That is the reason for the cap, so you can wait until after tiling to install the cartridge.
  3. prashster

prashster New Member

Besides the cap, there are 2 screw valves on the hot and cold supplies that you can use to turn off supply.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

valves

Not all valves, in fact very few, have the integral stops.
  5. prashster

prashster New Member

I just installed a new Delta 1700 universal valve and the version that was shipped to me had those stops.