Deep sink vs. rough in height

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by CCP, May 28, 2013.

1. CCP

CCP New Member

I have been a long time viewer and have learned tons from the experts on this form. I have a problem and I am hoping that I can get some feedback. I am getting a new kitchen sink that is 1 7/8" deeper than my current sink. I want to know if I have enough height on my outlet. I have attached a couple pictures that hopefully show what I am trying to do.

FYI the new sink is a 9.5" undermount sink with a disposal.

Thanks to everyone in advance for the help.

Attached Files:

2. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

It looks like you will be OK. The tail piece out of the strainer can be cut shorter and the lower section of the T can also be cut shorter. If you need more room you could also get a shallower basket strainer.

John
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

drain

The disposer side will be the determinant, not the basket strainer. The undermounting and deeper sink will probably lower the disposer about 3", but the setup appears to be just adequate for it to work.
  4. CCP

CCP New Member

Thanks for the reply. HJ - I think it will work as well, the new one is only 1 7/8" deeper even when you account for it being undermounted.