1. Raquel Wilson

Raquel Wilson New Member

I will be purchasing a semi- professional style kitchen faucet - the kind with exposed spring, pull-down spray option. I have narrowed the search to three brands - Danze, Blanco, and La Toscana. I have no idea the installation ease and maintenance records of these companies. Please advise. Thanks! :)
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Danze is made by the Globe Union Industrial Faucet Company, of Taiwan. This is the same company who makes Home Depot's Glacier Bay.
  3. GrumpyPlumber

GrumpyPlumber Licensed Grump

Bar none...the worst faucet I've ever come across...Pfister second in the running...
  4. Lancaster

Lancaster New Member

If you are talking about a faucet with a pre-rinse spray,like they use in restaurant dishrooms,why not just buy a real commercial unit like the ones made by T&S Brass.I bet the price is not much,if any,more than the Danze or Blanco,especially if you buy it from a distributor.And parts will be readily available when you need them.
  5. BAPlumber

BAPlumber Plumber

what kind of sink do you have? 3 hole, 4 hole, 5 hole? how is this new faucet going to mount to the sink? Wall mounted?
  6. srdenny

srdenny Plumbing Contractor

Is this Blanco faucet what you have in mind? If so, it's probably a quality made product. However, it is very expensive. Also, you might have trouble down the road finding a plumber who is willing to chase down parts for it.

Attached Files:

7. statjunk

statjunk DIY Senior Member

Grumpy,

I also have to agree that Price Fister is junk. I've had their fixtures literally fall apart on me in remarkable time.

Tom
  8. Raquel Wilson

Raquel Wilson New Member

Thanks. I will look up T&S Brass. But the issue there is this is a faucet in a kitchen island - there's no backsplash. A huge commercial faucet would probably not work there and would look rather alarming. It's an open floor plan, and the line of sight from entry to the house goes straight through the living room, dining room, to the kitchen island.
  9. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

There are a bunch of fairly high necked kitchen faucets with a pull-out spout that could be used to rinse things or fill pots. Mine is high enough to fill most pots sitting on the counter without removing the pullout from the holder.