Danco Plumbers Waterproof Grease vs Danco Plumbers Silicone Grease

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by RochNY, Oct 11, 2007.

1. RochNY

RochNY New Member

Is there a preference/difference between these two? Lowes had both and I couldn't get an answer from them. Thanks for any replies.
  2. Both are waterproof but the silicone one is allowable for anything that comes in contact with potable water.

Food grade grease is another term that is used.

The other type is for anything that does not come in contact with potable water during it's use.

Using the wrong grease can contaminate/cause taste/odor problems in the water from the taps.
  3. Sametas

Sametas New Member

Sorry for the old thread, but I thought this was worth emending: