dainage/gutter/sump pump/rainbarrel?

Users who are viewing this thread

handymom123

Reaction score
Hi, I am new here and a "handymom". I have a gutter that does not lead into a drainpipe. The gutter downspout leads into a contained garden bed. When it rains alot the garden bed is extremely moist and saturated with water. I have a sidewalk on the otherside of the garden bed. I need a solution. I thought of a rainbarrel idea for that area however it is in the front of the house near the front door and the barrel would be an eyesore. Next maybe a sump pump. What do you think? I have been looking online for a complete kit that is not expensive. One with a basin, pump, hoses etc included. Am I better to buy all the parts separately? Should I run the outflow hose under the sidewalk leading to the sewer system? Any other suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks