cyclone versus gmax?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Deborahsue, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Deborahsue

Deborahsue New Member

Hi, am looking for guidance whether to buy Toto Guinevere (dual cyclone) versus Mercer (GMAX). The Toto rep said that dualcyclone is slightly quieter, GMAX is slightly more powerful but differences not really noticeable even side by side. Would really appreciated some input. Also, is Sanagloss worth it? You can only get the combination of ADA height and SG on the Soiree or Guinevere, if I understand correctly.

Please post your thoughts/experience

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2008
  2. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

We have G-max in our showroom bathrooms and flush great never had any problems.
    I installed 3 Soiree's in my house on the weekend and love them, they flush great if not unusual. It doesn't seem like they are flushing that much water as it goes down so quickly.
    I like the feature of the rim wash as most complaints i get from customers is that most 6 litre toilets don't clean like the old 13 litres.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Sanagloss helps keep things cleaner both visually and biologically with it's silver components. It is smoother, so it is easier to clean when necessary. think a freshly waxed car verses one that hasn't seen wax in years...trying to get a dried bug off is much harder on one than the other.
  4. SteveW

SteveW DIY Senior Member

I'd recommend the Guinevere or Soiree - both have the double cyclone flush, just different aesthetics.

These two have much better bowl wash than other 1.6 toilets, and from what I can tell from the Soiree in my house, no decrement in flush efficiency.
  5. Sofa King

Sofa King New Member

get the Guinevere, it has the same flush as their $6000.00 terlet.

[​IMG]
    TOTO Guinevere pedestal lav and toilet suite
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009