Customer Caught in Time Warp?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Verdeboy, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

Jun 12, 2006
    I got a call yesterday from a guy who desperately needed to fix a leak between his PRV and his meter. The leak was so bad, the water dept. had turned off his water.

I asked if he had tried to call any plumbers, but he said, "I ain't payin' no stinkin' $50 for no plumber to come out."

I asked him what century he thinks he is living in, but he didn't get the joke.

I passed on the job.
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Sep 1, 2004
    Yakima WA
    If you had gone out, you likely would have found that the line is under 5 feet of river rock and he would have expected you to hand dig it for the same $50! Of course it is a funny story, but it's also pretty sad too.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Cass

Cass Plumber

Nov 12, 2005
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

And I guess he ain't gettin' no water either.
  6. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Dec 15, 2007
    Service Plumber
    Maybe if the economy worsens a bit more, prices make come into his range of thinking...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008