Customer Caught in Time Warp?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Verdeboy, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

I got a call yesterday from a guy who desperately needed to fix a leak between his PRV and his meter. The leak was so bad, the water dept. had turned off his water.

I asked if he had tried to call any plumbers, but he said, "I ain't payin' no stinkin' $50 for no plumber to come out."

I asked him what century he thinks he is living in, but he didn't get the joke.

I passed on the job.
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

If you had gone out, you likely would have found that the line is under 5 feet of river rock and he would have expected you to hand dig it for the same $50! Of course it is a funny story, but it's also pretty sad too.
  3. Cass

Cass Plumber

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

$50.00

And I guess he ain't gettin' no water either.
  5. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Maybe if the economy worsens a bit more, prices make come into his range of thinking...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2008