Culligan medallist --high water ph after backwash

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by louis2024, Feb 12, 2013.

1. louis2024

louis2024 New Member

Does anyone know why after each regen my Culligan Medallist gives me very high WATER ph! the pool kit indicated 9+! After a day or so of water use ph is back to normal: 7.
    the settings on the medallist are: SLEP 15, BUU 17, BR 76 AND TIMECLOCK 4 DAYS.
    I've had the unit checked by a qualified tech and all unit components work ok.
  2. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

What kind of salt are you using?
    How long has this ph difference been going on?
  3. louis2024

louis2024 New Member

Been going on from day 1. Been using salt from hardware store 99.9 percent pure... Right!
  4. louis2024

louis2024 New Member

You think it's the salt? I'm told there better salt than that but will it affect my septic tank concrete?
  5. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

How old is the system?
    It was bought from a Culligan dealer correct?
    There is a resin that can correct ph or increase ph but it is mainly for large commercial plants... my guess and it is only a guess is that your system was bedded or filled with the wrong resin .... I my self would have Culligan come out with some thing like C-249 for your system and that bump in ph should go away.
  6. louis2024

louis2024 New Member

Bought it in June 2007. Yes from dealer.