Crown BWC 120 boiler error code

Users who are viewing this thread

Brian L Bushay

bbushay
Reaction score
I had an issue with a B52 error code coming up on a Crown BWC 120 boiler (seems that Crown is now Velocity). Since it was over the thanks giving weekend not support was available.
Resting the boiler would some times make it run for a while but often it would error out again after the water temperature got to around 105.
This error code was not in the manual and I could not find it in any online searches for Crown or Velocity boilers. I was able to find one message of a B52 error in relation to one other boiler manufacturer and another boiler brand with an E52 error code. Both of these pointed to the flue sensor and since some more searching indicated both of these other boilers used similar Honey well control modals that that was the suspected problem. Now confirmed by Crown that the likely cause would be the flue sensor and now replaced and the boiler is in working order. Since the weather was mild enough it was feasible to wait for a new part but if you find your self in the same situation and really need heat ASAP it looked like cleaning up corrosion on the old sensor would provide a temporary solution. I am just posting this so that anyone else with this error will have an easier time diagnosing it than I had

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks