Crane plumbing rear outlet toilet - need to replace wax ring

Users who are viewing this thread

Joseph A

Reaction score
My condo has a crane plumbing rear outlet toilet and I need to replace the wax ring. I'd like some guidance on picking the right replacement part.

I've read that rear outlet toilets require a felt - wax ring or a neoprene ring, etc... Can anyone provide guidance on which of these options is best, or the positives/negatives of each? I does appear that neoprene rings are more expensive. Are they worth the added cost?

Thanks much!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
From what I've read, wax isn't a good choice for a rear-outlet toilet. Now, I've never dealt with one. On a floor, it works fine since it is a single plane; the toilet sits on the floor, but must seal to a wall that could move independently...you want something that's resilient...wax, once it gets compressed, doesn't spring back.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks