CPVC

Users who are viewing this thread

Angco

Reaction score
I used 3/4 CPVC on my water heater install. Waited 30 minutes before filling and testing and no leaks. My concern is as I was applying the glue Ato the pipe and fitting I felt like I was not applying enough. I was wondering is there a potential for leakage and/or fitting to pull off? So far it’s been about 3 hours - no leaks???

PS I did take care to ensure pipe was inserted all the way into fitting, twisted and held!

RobynnNinjah

Reaction score
Your should be fine! Overdoing is absolutely possible and can cause more problems than it solve. That glue literally melts the pvc together. If it's been 3 hours and you have no leaks, then the pressure of the water heater won't cause any issues. If you're REALLY concerned, check back in 3 days and by then, you should be golden.

Eman85

Reaction score
I'm not a plumber, nor a fan of CPVC. That said I've done a fair amount of work with it. Did you clean and prime it before glueing and use the proper glue? What type of water heater and did you connect directly to the water heater?

Reach4

Reaction score
If the pipe fit all of the way into the fitting, I think you had to have used enough glue.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks