CPVC valve assembly

Users who are viewing this thread

Merr203

Reaction score
Hopefully this is an easy question. I'm getting ready to install one of these. As you can see, the CPVC portion gets screwed down on to the valve. It has a rubbery cone that presses into the valve, like a compression fitting.

Should I use PTFE tape on this before assembling?

I know I'm not supposed to tape the output comp fitting, just asking about the input...

Q9Qssmc.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
No...the use of tape on a compression fitting can often make it leak. Tape or dope is only used on a tapered pipe fitting...that one has straight threads, and relies on the gasket to make the seal, not the pipe threads. You can tell it has straight threads if, without the gasket part, the nut turns freely and bottoms out verses gets tighter as you go.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks