Cosmetic Question

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by Mavrick331, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Mavrick331

Mavrick331 New Member

I'm on the downhill side of a bathroom remod. I did not think thru all design elements and now have an issue.

All fixtures are of an oil rubbed bronze look, I replaced the shower valve 1 year ago while remodeling the master bath since there was a common wall.

My issue is I cannot find this style of trim kit for the peerless valve I bought, Can I paint it, have it powder coated ? It's going to look pretty dumb being chrome...

Thanks,
    Rick
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

WIth what it might cost to get it plated (it may never match but should be able to be close), it might pay to just replace it with something that does match. From what I read here, the pros aren't too enthused with that brand.
  3. Southern Man

Southern Man DIY Hillbilly

Some of the high-end plumbing supply places can sell you handles that will fit. Take the old one to the store and match it up.

A second (cheaper) option is to go to Michaels (craft store) and get a small jar of metallic finish. You may need to sand off the chrome first to get it to stick. I did this with some exterior door strikes. It will not be as durable.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

valve

How about a picture. Peerless valves are the DIY version of Delta, so you should have little problem finding what you want.