Correct tank-to-bowl gasket for American Standard Cadet 2 toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

K9mlxj

Reaction score
Hi there,

I had to replace the tank-to-bowl gasket for American Standard Cadet 2 toilet a week ago. I used the Fluidmaster 15-Piece Tank-to-Bowl Kit but it shows 1/8" gap between the tank and the bowl.

Tank-to-Bowl Gap.jpg

As the gasket has a bevel funnel bottom, when water is filled up the tank would tilt backward (if I lean backward I'd also press onto the tank) hence inducing a leak thru' the gasket.

The Fluidmaster tank-2-bowl gasket has an 'extra thick' version and that was worse as it caused the tank to tilt even easier.

The original gasket that came w/ this toilet had a fitted bottom shape so tank wouldn't tilt but the material was shoddy (super soft and now gasket is falling apart) so I am trying to avoid that... .

Anyone has a better idea of a gasket that would work with this toilet?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks