Copper Fitting Leaking on pressure vacuum breaker-update info

Users who are viewing this thread

vaman

Reaction score
When I posted the question about the female copper fitting leaking on the supply line to the pressure vacuum breaker I left out some relevant info. The leak is very slow;I guess about 1 drop a minute but it is definitely leaking. When I was removing the old female pvc fitting I put a small nick in the outermost 1 or 2 threads.

Is there some product I can use to sort of patch the area on the thread or am I looking at desoldering this fitting? Teflon joint compound helped alot but the leak is still there.Thanks again for your help:confused:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Prv

I do not think I have ever seen any vacuum breaker that fastened to a female thread. But, because of the way threads work usint a proper sealant and tightening it completely willl usually repair an minor damage to the threads, (major damage will usually prevent the two from even engaging).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks