Converting a 10" rough flushometer toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by parrishnut, Jan 22, 2006.

1. parrishnut

parrishnut New Member

Hi folks,
    I'm new here and stumbled on what seems to be the best place for toilet advice..
    anyway here is the situation...

I currently have a very old 1920"s toilet with an updated floshometer. This is in a NYC apt..
    I would love to update it with a tank toilet...
    This toilet has a 10" roughin..
    can this be done..
    Would love to get a elogated, high say 15 or 16" height toilet...

any advice is appreciated..
    and what brand of toilet ?
    TIA
    Stephanie
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

toilet

aNY 10" tank type toilet will work, although you may not find a handicap height 17" one. Your problem will be to reduce the 1" water line to 1/2" and then get it to the bottom of the tank and make it look good. Why not a 17" high flush valve type toilet?
  3. parrishnut

parrishnut New Member

I know I'm too fussy

But I just hate the look of the flushometer type toilets.. I'll take a look at the toilet you recommend if you have a suggestion.. (link)?
    Thanks
    But I still am leaning towards converting to a tank type.. and as I can see from this forum.. toto is the way to go..