Converting 3/8"OD x 3/8"OD supply line to 3/8"ODx1/2"IPS

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by SuperAcer99, Jul 29, 2013.

1. SuperAcer99

SuperAcer99 New Member

I bought a 20"long 3/8"OD x 3/8"OD stainless steel faucet supply line and it turns out I didn't need it. Since most household faucet supply lines are 3/8"OD by 1/2" IPS, I was wondering if there is an adapter than could "covert" this hose to 3/8"x1/2"IPS to where I can use it around the house? If not, where could I use this supply line?

2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I wouldn't be surprised if you could find adapter(s) that would work. HD has a pretty wide selection that I am aware of and there are likely other places as well. Thing is though, you might end up with more expense in adapters that saving the supply line is worth.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    Any 3/8" x "something?" adapter will convert it to whatever you need to make it useful.