Convert single drain into 2 standalone vanities

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark Kessler

Reaction score
B712EABD-3C0B-4C78-AF46-2A5DF3F3F05C.jpeg

I just noticed an issue, the top of the 90 is about 1-3/8” subfloor + tile will be about 1-7/8” what to do? Don't think I can lower it any more due to the shower trap being right on the drywall…

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
That doesn't seem like a problem, if I understand your numbers, the top of the hub on the quarter bend is 1/2" below the finish floor elevation.

You can get a closet flange with a 3" spigot end, as long as the spigot extends at least 2" below the flange, you can cut the spigot to 2" or 1-7/8", and then glue it into the hub with a full 1-1/2" (or not quite full 1-3/8") of insertion of the spigot in the hub.

You have the option to stick an unglued temporary pipe in there, do all your flooring work (paying attention to whether the final flange has a bevel on the underside that will require a little more more clearance at the top), and then pull out your temporary stub and glue in the spigot end flange (make sure the bottom of the elbow is well supported before closing up the subfloor). Then there's no guessing as to the flooring thickness.

I'd find that a little fraught, so you could instead install the flange just after subfloor (possible even before screwing the subfloor down), so that you can easily pull up the subfloor and redo things if something goes wrong. But that requires you to estimate the flooring thickness.

Cheers, Wayne

Mark Kessler

Reaction score
Thanks, I almost had a super freak out…

I think i will go get the flange now as I have to get the subfloor in tonight, cutting it close for monday…

i think i will do the stub as you suggested and it is supported below, maybe the tile guy can make it a little higher, he told me that the strata heat thinset and tile would be about 5/8”.

I am reluctantly providing a photo of my plumbing work, hopefully it’s correct…i think i will stick to woodworking from now on, . But look at my fancy shims I made !

also fyi, the straps on the pvc are just slightly snug as to not stress the joints…
08B442E8-6F4A-46FE-98A5-786B21C30961.jpeg

Mark Kessler

Reaction score
Got the flange, looks like about 2-1/8” from the bottom, so I could cut that down to 1-7/8 if i need to? I did jam one into a fitting at the store and was about 1/2”

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sure, as long as you dress the end as usual for a pipe, and you get 1-3/8" of smooth spigot end inserted into the hub.

Cheers, Wayne

Mark Kessler

Reaction score
Question on Hansgrohe iiBox universal 01850181

i will have a thermostatic valve reg overhead shower head and a hand shower, only one run at a time.

my water lines in the house are 1/2” copper the ibox is a 3/4” fitting and they show 3/4” water lines going to it. Do i want to run short lengths of 3/4” (3-4 feet) for any reason or does it not matter sense i have 1/2”. On well water i think set at 45 psi if it matters

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks