Connecting instant water heater to faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by mfs54729, Nov 20, 2008.

1. mfs54729

mfs54729 New Member

I had an Emerson E-340 instant water heater under our kitchen sink. The
    heater developed a leak so I bought an Insinkerator SST-FLTR heater.
    My faucet looks just like the H770-SS but the pipes are different. Only one
    pipe is causing trouble though. The faucet has a 5/16" copper tube with a
    compression fitting and the heater has a 5/16" barbed fitting. I can
    fabricate a 5/16" barbed connector to 5/16" compression fitting. I just need
    a piece of 5/16" piece of plastic tubing to go between the two barbed fittings.
    I believe 7/16" polyethylene tubing has an inside diameter of 5/16". I cannot
    find any 7/16" polyethylene tubing, only 1/2" or 3/8". I found some vinyl
    tubing with 5/16" ID. Will that work or is the water temperature (190 F) too
    high for that? Any ideas where I can find a short piece of 5/16" ID tubing that
    will take high heat (190 F)?

Thanks.

Mark