Connect a fridge. Pro's and Con's of Pex vs Braided Stainless vs Copper vs Plastic

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by geniescience, Jun 16, 2010.

1. There are many ways to connect a fridge, from under the sink cabinet a couple feet away.
    There are many materials for the supply line.
    Can we flesh out the Pro's and Con's?
    Pex vs Braided Stainless Flex vs Coiled Soft Copper vs Plastic

All I know for certain is that cute little transparent plastic line can get cut very easily.
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Braided Stainless Steel...
    Easy to install and highly reliable (just avoid Watts Floodsafe)

Plastic and Copper...
    Easy to kink and damage, I replace many leaking plastic and copper lines with braided stainless steel lines.

I'd consider it a No-Brainer....