compact softner?

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by 7echo, May 3, 2010.

1. 7echo

7echo New Member

Are there any softeners that are small and can be installed at the point of use? I don't think we have room to install a full sized system. I have new counter tops in the kitchen and the water drops are leaving mineral deposits.

Thanks for comments!
  2. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

The unit and brine tank can be in different parts,, they do not need to be next to each other.
  3. Skip Wolverton

Skip Wolverton In the Trades

Yes, they do make compact units. Where would you install it?
  4. 7echo

7echo New Member

Maybe under the kitchen sink? I usually see large tanks outside of the house, but I don't really have that option. There is also a little closet next to the water heater, between the hall bathroom and kitchen, but I would have to figure out the plumbing.
  5. nhmaster3015

nhmaster3015 Master Plumber

Kinetco makes a pretty small package