Compact olive removal tool?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kmmmn

Reaction score
Hi. Tried to replace a compression fitting behind the toilet today. The sleeve puller is too big to work in such a tight spot. The valve is behind toilet with just a few inches between it and the back of the toilet. Is there a compact tool to get the nut and olive off, or maybe a right angle type tool? I don’t what to grind and cut off the nut as it’s too risky for me. I took the valve off but had to put it on again as I couldn’t get the nut and olive off. While off, I was able to tighten the packing nut which has helped reduce the leak. It’s 25 years old and could do with replacing I’m sure. Thanks all.

Attachments

• 8F2844D0-3A3A-417D-B562-7E8E5657D05E.jpeg
    8F2844D0-3A3A-417D-B562-7E8E5657D05E.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 69

coelcanth

Reaction score
well.. you could pull the toilet, that would give you a lot more room to work with...
anyway, i pulled my old compression fitting, cleaned up the end of the copper pipe, and replaced it with a sweat-on threaded fitting
the valve i replaced with a new style female threaded quarter turn stop valve

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks