cold water pressure in faucet slower than hot water!

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by m3gtr, Sep 16, 2009.

1. m3gtr

m3gtr New Member

I changed my bathroom faucet. Once I turned the shut off valve on the pressure as perfect! A few hours later the cold water pressure is extremely slower than the hot water. What could be the problem? Both cold and hot pressure in tub and shower are fine. I never had this problem with my old faucet.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

You might have washed loose some crud in the line or the washer in the shut-off valve might have broken up (assuming you didn't replace that as well - always a good idea 1/4-turn ball valves are good).
  3. Jay Mpls

Jay Mpls Master plumber

Pull the supply lines loose from the faucet and see if the pressure is good there.
    (Get a bucket and spray them into it.)
    If these are good you have the above mentioned crud problem.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  4. rmelo99

rmelo99 Network Engineer

I have/had this problem with one of my new faucets, the cause for me was that the faucet was a widespread faucet and the handles and spout were connected to each other via stainless braided hoses that have one loop.

The cold water one "kinked" and caused low pressure out of that side, if u reached under and unkinked it the pressure increased 10x.

Might be the same since I know the stainless between handles is typical if u have a 2 handle widespread setup.