Closing off Basement floor drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevin L

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm doing a basement renovation and discovered I have two 3" floor drains. One is for the furnace and AC unit and it is beside them. The second was for the Laundry area, but the drain is in the middle of what I'm going to call the living room. I'm moving the laundry room beside the utility room, so I'm wondering if I still need the floor drain in the future living room. For the living room drain there are also 2 nearby black hoses going into the concrete. 1 black hose held the trap primer, the other one doesn't seem to be used. is it a breathing tube?

My main question is this, can I close off the drain in the floor with something like SureSeal since I don't have a trap primer there anymore. Or will that cause a problem after I cover it with vinyl plank flooring. Or should i cement it in?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks