Cleanout On Existing Vent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Timbo

Reaction score
I have a 4" cast iron vent on the end of a line just after the toilet. I am wanting to install a cleanout to the outside brick wall approx. 3' away. First, is it okay to do this? Second, any height requirements off the slab. Third what's the easiest way, cut a hole in the existing cast and put on a saddle or pull the cast stack out and reinstall with PVC or what. If the easiest is to cut a hole, how do I cut the hole, the sheetrock is off on one side of the wall only? Fourth, what would be the size I should use, I want to use PVC?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
co

You cut a short section of pipe out of the vertical line. Then you insert a tee, (a cast iron tee would be the easiest one to insert), and install the lateral pipe to the outside.

Timbo

Reaction score
How would I go about cutting the existing CI since I have sheetrock on the backside? Would this new tee use those rubber donuts? How high off the slab?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks