Cleanout locations?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by leiakw, Jul 13, 2012.

1. leiakw

leiakw New Member

What are the cleanout requirements in California? I have one inside my garage where sewage backed up and flooded it. The plumbers that came to clean out the roots in the sewer line rerouted the cleanout to the front of the condo building. I'd like to know if that's where the cleanout ought to have been all along?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

What do you mean by ""rerouted it"? YOu can relocate them, or more precisely add new ones, but usually do not "reroute them". Cleanouts can be in many locations. The prime rule for them is that they be where they are needed.