circulating pump on return continuously running on gv90+

Users who are viewing this thread

ted33014

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently replaced a 20+ year boiler with a Weil-Mclain GV90+. My installer used the existing setup where there was a circulating pump on the return that was continuously circulating into the boiler. The boiler is having problems heating some of the radiators on the 2nd and 3rd floors so I decided to read the boiler manual:

http://www.weil-mclain.com/en/multi...s/gas-boilers/gvplus/gvplus_boiler_manual.pdf

and in the circulators section i found the following paragraphs:

"Never install another pump in series with the GV90+ boiler. Forced flow can cause improper operation of the boiler controls. Substantial property damage could result.

Failure to comply could result in unreliable performance and nuisance shutdowns from insufficient flow."

It looks like the the boiler was installed incorrectly? Does the pump need to be removed or relocated?

Thanks!

ted33014

Reaction score
I should mention that the GV90+ comes with its own System Circulator. I believe it is a Taco 007.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks