Cinder block vs. wood

Users who are viewing this thread

dajayosan

Reaction score
Planning on building a new 20 x 24' separate garage. Debating cinder block vs. wood construction. Haven't found an on-line construction estimator yet. Cinder block is certainly preferable for strength of construction and fire resistant. Wood is most certainly cheaper, but how much cheaper. Any advise.

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
i can't give you the answer, about cost, but i'd like to mention that there are so many other differences between the two types of construction, that these are the factors that I'd pay attention to. The cost difference is not big enough in either case.

Tools, methods, skills, etc all add up to become a major factor, too. They can both be about the same in terms of cost depending on how you work, what you are comfortable with, how you value your time, how much you have to learn new techniques or pay for new tools or help.

david

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks