Chrome nipples to copper water feed lines???

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Nick Gibb, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Nick Gibb

Nick Gibb New Member

As I am rehabbing the bathroom in our rental condo, I need to lengthen the water feed pipes for the bathroom sink and toilet water feed (as the walls are being moved forward)

I was curious if I could cut the copper back, sweat on a female threaded coupler and then screw in chrome plated brass nipples to come out of the wall (which would be capped until the tile goes up then the shut off valves attached to the other threaded end of the nipple).

Thoughts???
  2. shacko

shacko Master Plumber-Gas Fitter

Thats done all the time; don't forget that the size for most bath groups is 3/8 i.p, you also need a strap wrench to keep from tearing the chrome up, luck.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

quote; don't forget that the size for most bath groups is 3/8 i.p,

It is whatever size he uses for his angle stops, and he can use a Crescent wrench on the angle stops to tighten them, and the nipple, into the adapter.