Cello Fittings? Any opinions?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Mathelo, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Mathelo

Mathelo New Member

I'm looking to place a decent size order with pexsup*** for PEX and related bits. On all the Pex related materials I'm going with Uponor (Wirsbo) but I'll still require a few copper / brass fittings for tieing into valves and copper pipe.

The primary brand they carry is Cello, which is made in Canada. Locally I can get Nibco or Mueller.

I'd like to just include what I need in this order but if you guys think these other brands are better, I'll find them elsewhere.

What do you think?

Louis
  2. Mathelo

Mathelo New Member

No opinions on these choices?:confused:
  3. Patriot

Patriot New Member

If you order copper sweat fittings from pex supply, they are going to send you EPC fittings, not Cello, even though their website advertises Cello.
    The local supplier I use sells EPC fittings and they seem to be ok although I was not happy with them at first. Just for the heck of it, I weighed Nibco, Mueller and EPC fittings. The Nibco was the heaviest, EPC was slightly less and Mueller was a lot less.
  4. Mathelo

Mathelo New Member

Thanks for your reply.

I can get Nibco at my local Home Depot. Based on your weight test, Nibco sounds like a better way to go. I also don't think it is cool that pex supply advertises one thing and sends another.:(