Caulk that just didn't stick

Users who are viewing this thread

TheMouse

Reaction score
I recently installed tileboard (the stuff that looks like tile but comes in sheets like panelling) over the ceramic tile in my kitchen. The part I'm having trouble with is the section over the kitchen sink. I put it in about a week and a half ago and it looked great. Now some of the caulk is separating from the tileboard. I used DAP quick dry latex acrylic caulk. I have had really good luck with this stuff in my bathroom so I thought it would be a good choice here too. I made sure it didn't get wet either before or after I applied the caulk so that shouldn't be the problem. I know the tileboard isn't exactly high grade stuff but I would think the caulk would stick longer than a couple weeks and it is sticking on most of it. It's just a couple sections. I know I'm going to have to re-do these sections but without knowing what caused it I don't know what to do to avoid having it happen again. Could my finger have been too wet when I was smoothing it? Any other ideas? And what's the best way to go about fixing only the area that's separated?

Thanks!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks